Air brake connector
Noble Park, on 1100 9th Ave North, was also undergoing changes. This park was originally the designated park for the Snug Harbor housing subdivision that was created in 1943 by the Mainland Company (City of Texas City, 1995). Named for Earl L. Noble, the Texas City mayor from 1926 to 1932, the park acquired a Shay steam locomotive and caboose, on loan from the Galveston Railroad Museum. The museum agreed to loan these in exchange for having another of their steam engines repaired by a Texas City company, Dunn Heat Exchangers. The Texas Kiwanis Club constructed a replica of a train depot on the site, and a fountain was built in Mexico and donated by the League of United Latin American Citizens, or LULAC. All these were dedicated on September 16, 1995 (Simsen, 1995).
13529675155parkTexas CityShay Locomotive 555Railroadtrain